We are committed to meeting your expectations and will comply with all applicable privacy and data protection legislation in relation to your Personal Information and Sensitive Information.
We know you love the small print, but here’s a summary of how we protect your privacy:
- We only collect what we need to help you with your request or provide you with information that you ask for, personalising it to your interests.
- We won’t hang on to your information. If we don’t need it, and you don’t want us to keep it we’ll delete it.
- We want you to understand everything we do with your information, so we’ll try our best to explain with no nonsense.
- No surprises – you decide what and how you hear from us.
- That goes for everyone. We do not pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your knowledge.
The rest of this policy provides you with more detail of our Privacy and Personal Information handling practices.
Definitions of terms referred to in this Policy can be found in the ‘Glossary’ at the end of this document.
Collection of Personal Information by iTEP INDIA allows us to:
- conduct the ITEP test and offer ITEP test Practice and Preparation.
- forward any enquiries you have to another of the ITEP Owners in accordance with your expressed preference (e.g. when you make a general enquiry about sitting an ITEP test);
- inform you of and provide you with information on the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs);
- manage our internal business operations; and
- respond to your questions.
ITEP test centres operate in more than 140 countries, across Europe, Asia, INDIA and New Zealand, North America, South America, Africa and the Middle East. ITEP INDIA operates and manages some of these ITEP test centres .
If you apply to take, or have taken, an ITEP test we will collect personal details such as name, postal and email addresses, date of birth, gender, contact details, languages, country of nationality, residency status, education qualifications, national identity card number, passport details, employment history occupation, information required for visa application and professional memberships.
This will include copies of documents you provide to us as proof of identity – e.g. copies of your passport or national identity card, proof of citizenship or photographs of you when you apply to sit the ITEP test.
We will also hold results achieved by you.
We may also hold Sensitive Information about you including:
- medical information (which you may provide to obtain special consideration in relation to your testing);
- biometric information for ITEP test candidates who provide a finger scan as part of the Identity Authentication Management (IAM) for the ITEP test (a copy of – your finger scan is held in the form of a Binary Large Object (BLOB); and
- racial or ethnic origin (from information on your country of origin).
An ITEP Owner may share any relevant information from your ITEP application or test with the other ITEP Owners for purposes such as administering the ITEP test, reviewing ITEP test results for statistical and fraud detection purposes, or accommodating changes in your preference as to test centre location;
ITEP test practice and preparation
We provide services to support you in preparing to take the ITEP test including support tools, practice tests, seminars and ITEP Masterclasses.
Collection of your Personal Information allows us to:
- provide you with test practice and preparation services you request
- develop new and improved test practice and preparation tools
- provide you with your test practice results and give you general or personalised feedback
- with your consent, inform you of and provide you with information on the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs);
- manage our internal business operations; and
- respond to your questions.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will destroy, delete it in a secure manner, or ensure that the information is de-identified in accordance with our information destruction and de-identification policy, unless we are required by law to retain a copy of the Personal Information or the information is contained in a Commonwealth record.
If we collect your information for ITEP testing or test preparation purposes, we will retain it for up to 3 years after taking the ITEP test or participating in the service, or after your last activity with us.
Finger scan data is only retained as a binary large object file for 60 days after your test date.
We may also retain certain records for other legitimate reasons (including after your relationship with the ITEP Owner(s) has ended), for example to resolve any potential disputes, to comply with other reporting and retention obligations, or for the prevention of fraud.
Other dealings with ITEP INDIA
Other ways you may deal with ITEP INDIA include:
- registering your interest in being engaged as consultants or employees
- submitting a research proposal
- registering with a service offered by ITEP INDIA; or
- being the representative of a Recognising Organisation.
We will provide specific notice at the point your information is collected. Any unsolicited personal information will be securely destroyed.
How we collect Personal Information
We will only collect your Personal Information by lawful and fair means. Personal Information may be collected directly from you or your authorised representative, or may be collected from a third party such as a licensee or representative authorised by us to provide services to you. You may supply your Personal Information to us when communicating with us via social networks and other online channels, e.g. through your Facebook or Twitter identity.
We do not collect Personal and Sensitive information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities. We will obtain your consent before collecting any Sensitive Information.
When you deal with us, you will need to identify yourself in order for us to provide our services to you, as such we do not accept the use of pseudonyms.
ITEP INDIA may hold or transfer the data we collect in or to the following countries (in addition to your home country):
This information is stored and accessed only as required to provide our services to you. Where we transfer data to offshore servers, the data is subject to use restrictions and safeguards against unauthorised access.
The information disclosed to overseas recipients consists of any information you have given us to provide the relevant services. By accepting services from us, you consent to us providing your Personal Information to the relevant overseas recipient as mentioned above. ITEP INDIA takes appropriate steps to ensure there are adequate safeguards in place for the transfer of your personal information including standard protection clauses in our contracts and an ITEP Group Data Transfer agreement.
You have the right to seek access to any of your Personal Information held by us unless there is a valid reason under the Privacy Act or Data Protection Act for us to withhold the information.
Valid reasons include:
- We have reason to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature has been engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- Giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within us in connection with a commercially sensitive process.
If your personal details change, or you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us so that we can correct our records.
The right to erasure
At your request, we will remove all the data we have for you which we are not required legally to retain.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to restrict processing when you have exercised one of the above rights and it may take some time to process that request. For example: when you contact us to update your details you have the right to request restriction until your details are being updated.
The right to withdraw consent
For the processing activities where we have asked you for consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any point by unsubscribing from a message from us,
The right to object
You can object to the processing of your personal data.
The right to not be subject to automated decisions and profiling
None of our processing activities are purely automated and no decisions are made without human intervention. There are instances where we process data to analyse or predict behaviour but we will ask you for explicit consent when this processing will involve your personal data.
The right to data portability
If you have provided us with your personal data with consent or under the contact obligations, you have the right to request the data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format should you decide to move to another data controller.
Making a request
Requests for access or correction to your Personal Information or other privacy rights described above should be addressed to The ITEP Privacy Officer by emailing . All requests will be responded to in writing within a reasonable period of time. As part of this process we will verify the identity of the individual requesting the information prior to providing access or making any changes. If we cannot fulfil your request, we will respond provide you with an explanation.
Updates to this Policy
We aim for there to be ‘no surprises’ in our dealings with your personal information. If we make significant changes to the policy and we have your email address, we will send you an email information you of these changes, how they may impact you, and remind you of your privacy rights.
Information collected on this website
We use Google Analytics to measure and analyse the site’s internet usage to ensure the site meets ITEP’s business objectives with advertisers and users. Individual privacy is protected but we gain insights on how to make the site more useful for advertisers as well as our users.
Data collected from this analysis include:
- the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our sites;
- the number of unique visitors;
- how long these unique visitors (on average) spend on our sites;
- common entry and exit points to our sites;
- files downloaded from the site; and
- forms filled in on the site
- Audience and device analysis
- Referral source
Google AdWords is an online advertising service by Google, which allows advertisers to display ads on the Google display network. We use the Google AdWords remarketing feature to show you ads about ITEP preparation, products and support. Google Customer Match allows advertisers to target custom audiences based on a list of email address on the Google display network. We may use Google Customer Match to target ITEP preparation, product and support ads to you.
The Facebook Custom Audience program allows advertisers to target custom audiences based on email address on Facebook. We may participate in the Facebook Custom Audience program to target ITEP preparation, product and support ads to you.
If you wish to opt-out of Facebook Custom Audience ads, you may control this via your Facebook privacy settings, or by clicking on the ad and selecting ‘Hide all from this advertiser’.
ITEP Child Protection Policy
ITEP believes that child protection requires everyone to take responsibility and that every child matters. We recognise that the care, protection and welfare of children are paramount and that all children have the right to be protected from all types of harm or abuse. This includes a responsibility to protect children from any harm or risk.
We aim to achieve this through compliance with all applicable child protection laws and by adhering to Article 19 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) 1989.
A child is defined as anyone who has not reached their 18th birthday (UNCRC 1989) irrespective of the age of majority in the country where the child is, or in their home country.
In relation to the management, recognition and administration of the ITEP test, ITEP is committed to:
- Valuing, respecting and listening to children.
- Ensuring all necessary checks are made when recruiting staff.
- Maintaining strong child protection systems and procedures for staff.
- Training its staff and providing a common understanding of child protection issues to inform planning and practice.
- Protecting the data protection rights of children.
- Sharing information about any concerns with the relevant agencies and involving parents and children appropriately.
- Providing effective management for staff through clear processes, supervision and support.
We will provide adequate and appropriate resources to implement this policy and will ensure it is communicated and understood. ITEP will review this global policy statement annually to reflect new legal and regulatory developments and ensure good practice.
While ITEP India has attempted to make the information on this server as accurate as possible, the information on this website server is for personal and/or educational use only and is provided in good faith without any express or implied warranty. There is no guarantee given as to the accuracy or currency of any individual item on the website.
Persons accessing the website who require confirmation of any information should refer to ITEP’s sourcing the information for this website. ITEP does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage occasioned by use of the information contained on the server nor from any access to the server. While ITEP will make every effort to ensure the availability and integrity of its resources, it cannot guarantee that these will always be available, and/or free of any defects, including viruses. Users should take this into account when accessing the resources. All access and use is at the risk of the user.
ITEP has provided hypertext links to a number of other web sites as a service to users of this website. This service does not mean that ITEP endorses those sites or material on them in any way. ITEP is not responsible for the use of a hypertext link for which a commercial charge applies. Individual users are responsible for any charges that their use may incur.